josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudaman View Post
That's true. I certainly don't see any "new" Detroit. Care to be more specific on what class leading products they have and which new technologies they have pioneered?

The author of that article gets his money from the big 3 as a consultant. His dad worked for GM. He's totally biased. Of course he doesn't want them to go down.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...0/b3944112.htm

All I know is the pieces of crap I have to rent when I'm on business trips. I cannot understand how these companies think people would want to buy them. I can barely stand driving them for a day. The japanese and even korean equivalents blow them out of the water. They're not competitive at all IMHO.
Saturn has a lot of good cars. The Ford GT, Corvette, and Dodge Viper are world-class sports cars. The Chevy Volt could be a very good car once it is ready production.

Yes they make sh*tty cars as well (drove an HHR while in Seattle); that doesn't mean all of their cars are terrible. I will concede that it is their fault that they lost the faith of the customers, but I don't believe in kicking them while they're down. Give the engineers credit when the bean counters aren't giving them sh*t to do anything with.
Appreciate 0