Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
I would disagree with the not very popular statement.

I'll go as far as saying the X6M and M8 are 2 of the hardest allocations to get due to demand.
Eh....the 8 series and X6 were low volume sellers and not at all in high demand....people didn't love them when they came out and they sat on the lot. I think most dealers gladly traded allocations for those vehicles for stuff that actually sold. I personally like the 8 series....but it's not a secret they were overpriced originally. Even now....I considered a M8 GC but there is no reason to really go for one....the M5 is a better car, cheaper, and has better tech. I had a M6 GC....why would I pay an extra $20k for the same car basically over what the M6 was?

X6, same thing....almost no reason to get that car over an X5 since the rear space is so little compared to the X5.

Right now, everything is selling because nothing is available...it's not because there has been this sudden revelation that it's a great car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Eh....the 8 series and X6 were low volume sellers and not at all in high demand....people didn't love them when they came out and they sat on the lot. I think most dealers gladly traded allocations for those vehicles for stuff that actually sold. I personally like the 8 series....but it's not a secret they were overpriced originally. Even now....I considered a M8 GC but there is no reason to really go for one....the M5 is a better car, cheaper, and has better tech. I had a M6 GC....why would I pay an extra $20k for the same car basically over what the M6 was?

X6, same thing....almost no reason to get that car over an X5 since the rear space is so little compared to the X5.

Right now, everything is selling because nothing is available...it's not because there has been this sudden revelation that it's a great car.
I completely understand your argument although I'd take an 8-series over the 5-series no questions asked. That said what puzzles me is the "the M5 is a better car, cheaper, and has better tech" statement. What better tech are you referring to?
Appreciate 0