Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
I had a January Build GTS which I cancelled when my dealer got me a May Production Turbo S at msrp.

I've been doing business with him for a long time, I'm sure that helps. Plus I flip in and out of cars, he will get it back when I'm done in 8-12 months

Congrats on the new cars. I also have a new RR on list for but my name has not come up
On that one
Thanks!

I've never bought a Porsche before as honestly never had interest. The main guy I dealt with that got me my M8GC allocation moved to a Porsche dealer after Autonation ruined the BMW dealership he was at. I secured a Taycan Turbo S for my wife and while there the GSM pretty much realized I was an enthusiast rather than a status type buyer. I sat in a 911 and surprisingly fit(I'm 6'5" all torso) and then realized it had somewhat of a rear seat which is good enough for my kids. After doing my research I was impressed with what the 911 Turbo S could do. No dealer around had a list less than a year wait for one and he knew I found an allocation in Cali for a Turbo S Cab and secured it back in first week of December. He then called me up 3 days ago and let me know he wanted to see if I wanted a Turbo S Coupe for April delivery and that he had a customer that wanted to do a delayed European delivery and could maybe get me that allocation instead and be able to get the Coupe vs Cab which holds better value and not have to deal with shipping a car from Cali to Texas.

I was all in on that idea and frankly the $25k ADM was justified knowing what he could've gotten instead with someone else and the fact that he had 17 folks on the list waiting and let me get the spot had major kudos value aswell since I'm not a patient person.
Being in sales for myself I can truly appreciate when a value in a person is appreciated and able to secure a deal through the means of knowing who the right customer is and future growth potential.
I don't think an ADM of 25k is a lot. I actually think it's a ton less then most dealers are doing. Used they're selling for crazy money..

Shit every Porsche 911 right now is next to impossible to get. A Base 911 gets adm in most areas.

There just aren't nearly enough around to satisfy demand.

I could have gotten a Turbo S with a Jan build but thought I was sold on the GTS. After building it and seeing it I was unsatisfied and asked him to find me a Turbo S and got a May production.

EDIT - I had a Jan Build Slot for a 911 GTS or a Turbo S for Jan. I decided to take the 911 GTS build slot but after building it in numerous ways I decided I wanted a Turbo S. He got new allocations Dec 23 so I took the May Turbo S Allocation and gave him back the 911 GTS allocation as he has 10 deep waiting for one