View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #81
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Yeah Im maxed, KW doesnt allow it any lower. From what Ive been told they are worried about the overall chassis height to the ground. I could drop it further without the helper springs but that could lead to the main springs becoming dislodged on severe road bump impacts.

Optimally Id like to be about 10mm lower maybe but this is fine and the ride is so good. Yesterday I hit 164 mph before the limiter shut me down. I had zero idea I was going that fast it was so smooth and stable. But I found out I did not get the M Drivers Package LOLOLOL.

Which raises another question; if the limiter is set at 155 then the "standard" 5% speedo error is intact for BMW (164x.95) But why didnt it shut down at 155 since the speedo is what its based on? Or is there a gps?

It may max out at 260 km/h "cluster speed" but it's not GPS speed and you need to deduct some 4 to 5 mph from the reading on the cluster and you have the actual speed. In fact if you want total accuracy you should cross check with a device that can measure GPS speed. Back during my F32 435i days I used an uncle Tom gps in order to compare and the tom tom always gave me lower readings than the BMW showed. After coding the tolerance off, the speed shown was on par with the actual (GPS) speed (+/- 2km/h in my case) so the coding worked. Even though BMW "officially" limit their cars at 250 km/h, some reportedly do hit around 255-258 km/h real speed.

The setting in KOMBI is called BC_V_KORREKTUR and should be set to NICHT_AKTIV. The former disables speed correction on the digital speedometer and thus displays the true speed. Though I have yet to test it on my M850i.
Appreciate 1
Vic5519363.50