Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Nothing in that statement isn't done as well or better by independent shops. And most non enthusiasts buy the only car on their list without a test drive.

Frankly, this is one reason that Tesla and their model appeals to me. Just take the dealership and the slimy sales approach, inventory and the rest out of the game entirely. Seeing the money spent on lawyers and marketing in Texas to oppose them is just further proof that the consumer is on the wrong end of this relationship. Screw dealers.
I'm not saying that an independent shop isn't better than a dealership (quite the opposite). However, most average drivers don't know any better, so especially during the warranty period, will bring their cars to the dealership not independent shops.

There's a reason dealerships still make shit tons of money.
I know. I'm just saying that I've personally never understood the whole 'I bought a Lexus because they have nice dealerships' thing. I mean, cumulatively, for the time you own a car, what do you spend in the dealer? Three hours? Seems odd to make a $50k decision based on three hours of exposure to something, rather than if the actual car is any good.
Appreciate 0