Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Who are these people going to the dealership? I tend to try to even get my paperwork done electronically and just drop in to pick up the keys and then that's the last I see of the dealer. It could be a kiosk in a mall for all I care.

Nope. I'd rather take it to a mechanic, not a kid with a shop manual. The only time I go back to the dealer is for recalls or warranty work.

And I know more than any sales guy. Just five minutes on here qualifies you for that.
I'm with you on this one. I use dealers for test drives, but that's about it. They are shady and love to waste your time, I've walked on MANY deals from dealers, and I've always gotten a call back. I did all the negotiating and paperwork on my M2 before ever seeing the car, then I hopped on a plane, dealer picked me up, did paperwork, and left. This is how it should be. They did make me wait over an hour for the "manager" to be free, but she was just sitting in her office alone, so idk what that was about.

As for the work on the vehicle, if it's warranty work, then the dealer will handle it. Everything else I try to do myself, and I can't, I know someone who can. Don't want to pay dealer rates, for some dumb kid with tools to half-ass the job. I have WAY too many friends that work at dealerships, so I've heard their stories... No thank you.
Haha, maybe that's it. I've got lots of friends that have worked at dealers. Maybe the folks that happily go there just don't have those friends.
Appreciate 1
Conissah1574.50