08-11-2020, 11:00 PM   #105
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
debdoub my 8 series coupe has just turned one. For his birthday he got invited to BMW for a service check. I had managed to get 5,011 km on the clock in the first year. I paid $300K for my 8. Yes you read correct - welcome to buying cars in Australia. As a result new cars here depreciate faster than in most parts of the world.

In reading this and other forum posts, I have come to the conclusion, that quite possibly I might be leading the world on a per km basis of the biggest depreciation hit. I'm taking more wind up the tailpipe than - probably anyone out there.

But you know what. I don't care. And I don't care that I don't care. I love this car. Maybe even as much as you love your M5 (and I concede this depreciates way less than my 8).
Absolutely concur with the sentiment. I thought I got fleeced for my custom 2020 M850i order until you shared the details on the M850i cost in Australia. Did I get fleeced vs buying a 2019 off the lot at a very significant discount if I was willing to compromise on the build? That is a resounding "yes". However, do I care? That is a resounding "no". Why? I absolutely love the car regardless of the absolutely asinine process to get it through literally two failed builds by BMW (at least the 2nd one my dealer was able to fix the SNAFUs so I could take delivery). Is the car depreciating like a brick? We all know that answer but just like Ozzie8 I could care less.
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00