Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Good review of the GTC.

How do you find the ingress/egress comp'd to the M8? I'm guessing the M8 is easier, at least it is to me on the M850 vs the GTC.

128 traps with so-so traction is impressive and there's no doubt the real AMG's (not 43/53's) are monsters.

How do you find the fit finish between the M8 and GT? I have found my M850 to be pretty darn close to my S Coupes and other MB's I've owned, although the materials in the SC's appear to have been of a much higher quality.
Yeah, you have to be more agile to get in/out unless the top is down but I have no issues. Cabin is tight with the bucket seats. Nothing like the S-Coupe with their very super comfy seats (closest thing to our home theater), super airy greenhouse.

The S-Coupe is no sports car no matter how quick the AMG is but the cabin is a lovely. The MB can't be compared to the M8 though, the Bentley C would be the competitor. Magic Sky, no B-pillar. The M8 is a bit claustrophobic compared to it

Build quality on the GTC is good but the M8 is better in the details. The AMG has a low production car feel to it. The roadster (soft top mechanism, etc.) is unchanged from the SLS.
I do appreciate that as the AMG GT models have nothing in common with any Mercedes models. Not a performance version of a production model...
Appreciate 2
RJC-11291.50