02-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #42
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
I've gotten range anxiety in my M3. I've also experienced a time where my range was no longer a number but said "----".

To say "range anxiety" isn't a thing with an ICE vehicle is wrong.

Tons of ICE vehicles exist with very inaccurate fuel gauges. Particularly older high end super cars.
Come on man you are making up BS. I live in a rural area and drive into Northern Virginia 5 days a week. The nearest gas station is 20 miles from my house on my way to work. I rarely let the gauge get to empty because either going into work or coming home, I can recharge any of my ICE vehicles in 5 minutes and have 400 miles of range. I drive all over West Virginia, rural Pennsylvania, rural New York state, New England, Southern Virginia, the Carolinas, and have taken 10 long-distance motorcycle trips in the past 30 years, and have never run out of fuel in any of my ICE vehicles. Gas stations are literally everywhere.

Any time anyone lets their ICE get low on fuel, it's because they are not paying attention; it has nothing to do with kWh storage capacity of the drivetrain or the availability of recharging stations, or the speed of adding range back into the drivetrain.

In the USA, ICE vehicles do not have range anxiety if you are not a dumbass.

And your last bit of BS... either get it fixed, or simply use the trip odometer. LOL
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 3
RM72862.50
KRS_SN13034.50
Salty Dog3572.50