View Single Post
      11-08-2018, 11:36 AM   #17
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Co View Post
I've had M-B, BMW and Mini within first month of production and ALL have been great - I personally think it is a bit of a myth waiting for production to settle down. My 840d is in production now and I'm sure it will be perfect. 6 and 8 cylinder diesels are wonderful and suit real World driving far more than high revving petrols. Even on the autobahn I've not been found wanting at 230-250kph (140-150mph). Europe is different to NA, we even like our cars coloured grey without chrome!
Do you find the M50d feels a bit stressed? I prefer the feel of the 30d and 35d over the M50d engine - although I've only driven the N57 triple turbo not the B57 quad turbo.

I personally wish they had kept the V8 diesel and I also wonder if it might be harder for them to meet emissions making so much power from only 3 litres, it might prove to be easier to go back to a 4.0 to 4.5l V8 and make less power per litre to improve emissions.