noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
You should really try Focal, best of both worlds and perfect for loud rock. Mine do ok but I have REL Gibraltar subs...

Noushy
Thanks for the tip on Focal and will check if any of my local audio dealers I have a relationship with carry them as that way I get to do an in home audition. From a subwoofer perspective when one of the pair of trusted Velodynes kicked the bucket about 18 months ago I ended up with a pair of SVS 16-Ultras. I auditioned a few different subs from one of my local dealers along with one 16-Ultra sent delivered to the house with full return capabilities. For price per performance the 16-Ultra won hands down so I drove the other ones back to the dealer and ordered the 2nd SVS.

I believe the RELs have a remote as well but one feature I really liked on SVS is it's Bluetooth remote capabilities via their Smart Phone app. The other subs auditioned did not have that capability and its a godsend as I have several dialed in presets, e.g., movies (set for reference standard paired to the Dirac room calibration of the NAD M17), rock, jazz, Reggaeton (this one is for the wife which cranks up the bass), etc.
Correct the Rels have remotes. As for Focal check and see. If you want special pricing PM me and I will see what I can do for you from my dealer.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0