03-09-2020, 11:57 PM   #8
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
thanks. I had a lot of mp3 files in 2000, but I guess a lot has changed in 20 years.

I guess I could hook my laptop up via usb to the internal HD? but it's a 17" desktop style laptop, and kinda heavy. maybe I need a new laptop! it's circa 2012. my desktop is pre-2010.

everything is on my 3 cellphones (android, apple, and old work one) and 2 iPads (old work and home). but maybe I can download something on my cellphone and connect it to the car?
Anything you can connect to the USB in the car (USB-A port near the charging pad or USB-C in the console) that the iDrive system recognizes can be used to transfer music to the internal hard drive.

My experience with this was a standard USB-A thumb drive I used for the initial audio comparisons against H&K vs B&W in the dealers spec cars. Since I had about 30MBs of FLAC files on it I had the M850i import them to the internal hard drive. Everything else is running of the console SSD and as previously shared it is a 1st class citizen when it comes to the BMW Assistant recognizing commands to play albums/tracks on it vs the internal hard drive.
Appreciate 1