03-09-2020, 11:48 PM   #7
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
I make my own drives but purchase a Samsung T series and you won't regret it. The 512GB or 1T is plenty and you can store an incredible amount of music even HD Hires files on one. I have a pair of 2T drives in a SSK enclosure using Samsung m.2 drives (honestly the best SSDs are made by Samsung as is their memory). It is small and i have 2T drives you can find them on Amazon or even eBay if you know what to look for.

Noushy
Kudos as I normally do the same for my home system which is built on custom storage enclosures and an opensource NAS platform to stream movies/TV Shows via PLEX to the surround processor and high resolution audio directly to the DAC. For the M850i I got lazy and went for an OOTB solution.

Can you share the enclosures your using for the Samsung SSD drives? The reason for asking is based on threads in the 5 series forum I went with OOTB with one miss before the Crucial hit given the controller logic in the enclosure will dictate comparability with the iDrive system. From at least my experience the controller needs to be agnostic, i.e., support Linux as well as Windows/Mac OS or the iDrive system would not recognize it.
Appreciate 0