View Single Post
      07-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #20
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F10 M5 CP 600 hp

I am reading this thread occasionally that night.

I agree it might be an interesting debate why a game that starts with hand-on-melon is called "foot-ball" while another one with totally foot-on-the-ball is called a "soccer" that sounds like someone is socking a cow pat. But OK, let it be so. The artificial shoulders and helmets make the boys looking almost men, except may be the white pants. OK, let's skip it then.

And my national ice hockey team has the gold medals count somewhere between the two you mentioned here and equal to another nordic team, if we look after the 1990. But this wasn't the reason to me to step in.

But I couldn't avoid commenting reference to Artturi Ilmari Virtanen's name because my ex-girlfriend was a biochemist who's doctoral dissertation was linked to his works in research of chemical structure of amino acids. She could be a great scientist but passed away in December of 2005 because of brain cancer.

Strange to find it here on BMW forum, after so many years. Let me say my sorry if this post could be considered offtop.
Have your tasty milk and good night Be well.
Appreciate 0