02-24-2024, 06:22 PM   #13
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyesshined13 View Post
So after two different dealerships and many visits to both trying to find out what the rattle was, I can finally say that the last trip yesterday was the final one! They actually found the rattle. It is like driving a new car. I’ve had this car for about 6 months now and have had this annoying rattle since day one and have spent countless hours trying to troubleshoot and research where it could be coming from. Both dealers initially thought it was the bowers speaker cover but after putting felt tape around there, sound was still present. The next area was the windshield cowl. I tested this myself too and it did seem to make a rattle sound when I touched around the area but after they put felt tape where the cowl meets the strut brace, I could still hear the rattle. I felt defeated and was almost going to give up. The next thing that both dealers wanted to do was to take apart the dashboard in order to search for the rattle and this was my last resort as I did not want them taking apart my car and potentially cause more damage. Two days ago my sunroof stopped working and I brought it in and had mentioned the rattle was still present and drove with my advisor and he could hear it and they did some tests and thought it was the speaker cover again but they had a test drive with the Forman and he found that it was actually shipping spacers that was causing the rattle!! I couldn’t believe bmw would sell me a car with shipping spacers still on it! The car was not new too so god knows how long those were on there. So that was my story lol. The car drives like a dream now! Silent and a lot more comfortable in comfort mode now. I no longer have to cringe going over bumps or uneven roads or be embarrassed when having other passengers ask me what that rattle noise is ��
That's insane, how many miles did you drive it with those still in place?

BTW, the area that caused many rattles in the 8's is the plastic grille right behind the mmi screen, I placed a small piece of perfectly cut black cardboard in between it and the dash and rattle is gone.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1283.00