01-17-2021, 07:48 PM   #9
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G11T11 View Post
I think you're suffering from negative bias here. The truth is that there are thousands of 8 Series with 0 issues. The likelihood is that they haven't posted anything on here - why would they if they have no issues? Casual enthusiast posters do not make up a majority of customers.

It is very unlikely you will experience problems. In my experience BMW has generally been much more reliable than Audi in the electrical department recently (knock on wood ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
This. ^

I've had nothing go wrong.

There are tens of 1000s of hassle-free 8s out there that whose owners don't contribute here or anywhere else. What you do see here is also more positive than negative but both are statistically insignificant in the grander scheme.
^^ Spot on.

13 months into my M850i lease and it has been 100% hassle free from the core perspective of any car, i.e., get in it and drive. Throw in the fact that the drive is amazing it is a flat out winner. The closest thing I had to impeding that was the "low coolant" alert but that tracks back to a VPC delivery issue and once again the absolute minimum hassle within the new car ownership spectrum.

Granted I've bitched and moaned on the Connected Drive app and other superfluous issues like exhaust neutering but none of them actual impact the experience of driving an 8-series. If you think I'm tough on BMW's software competency as a distractor to the sheer joy of owning my M850i guess again. I do that in my professional life with Apple, Google, MS, Oracle, VMware, Citrix, SFDC, SNOW and the list goes on.

The bottom line is that the car puts a smile on my face just seeing it parked in the garage and that ramps up 10X when I'm behind the wheel.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 01-17-2021 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0