View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Project Gamma Front Mount Intakes

Been waiting to install these for a couple of weeks but had waiting for my 1200 mile service. I have had front mount intakes on my m4 and X5m. The sound of an open intake on a turbo is something else. Basically an open cone filter sits behind your grills and has direct access to cool fresh air.

I should be the first to have a front mount intake on a m8. Big thanks to Project Gamma for doing the research to ensure these fit

The intake is a pretty simple but ingenious design compared to my other front mount systems. It’s a one piece 3.5 inch silicon tube. It’s flexible when needed but overall stiff and holds its form. It’s atleast 5m thick and don’t see any chance of it collapsing under high boost. System comes with metal mesh filters which I did not install at this moment. I decided to order some AFE cotton filters with a velocity stack. Cotton and metal filters sound different and mesh sounds much better but didn’t want to risk it during the abnormal wet winter we are having in CA

Install was a breeze. Prob took me an hour start to finish and a good 30 mins trying to figure out how to remove the front grills. Since the tube is flexible it allowed me to twist and bend the tube to get it in the small grill inlet. No cutting, no modifications, kept both support bars. Some of the systems on the f90 required to remove the bars

The system is priced very well and more than happy with the purchase.

Always believed front mount intakes made a decent amount of power. On the f90 they are claiming 20-30hp to the wheels. Maybe, but what was more important was the intoxicating turbo induction

Proper videos coming soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mgod483.50
TXSTYLE13851.00