View Single Post
      01-23-2021, 07:27 PM   #9
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Given this thread surfaced again with a couple of updates today it made me realize that the screens FBMWWINS shared regarding the Music Collection management are not the right ones for initially importing into the hard drive. However, the last time I manipulated the Music Collection was indeed via those screens as they in essence allow you to transfer a collection between cars. In my case it was to overcome a still undetermined root cause for why the cover art in my Music Collection on my M850i got corrupted and is tracked in this thread: https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1756445. FYI, as posted in the thread if you do export and want to convert back to the original file format vs the BMW result I found an open sourced tool to do so.

That said to import you just select the USB source of the device plugged in (my case a thumb drive in the USB-A port) within iDrive's overall media selection. iDrive should recognize the valid formats and offer them up to play from. In this case it's a Judas Priest album I've been errant on including in my SSD's library refresh. Select the album identified and on the right hand side of the screen you should have an icon to import. Toggle to it and hit select with the iDrive controller. If memory serves if there are additional sources on the USB in a proper format it will ask to import them all vs the targeted album.

The upside of the exercise is I now have Judas Priest Point of Entry in the music collection so although not on my core SSD I can still ask the BMW assistant to play it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0