Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Did you use a broker? How much do the brokers charge?
Speaking for me, I didn't ask him how much he charges and he didn't offer. I wonder how that works on a lease, if they have an additional charge buried in there, or the dealer just kicks it back to him.

For those following along at home, I discussed this with the wife Friday night, and we decided that as great as the M850i is, it does not meet one of my occasional criteria, which is a car that I can take to the track. All clubs that I'm aware of will not let you drive a convertible on track unless it has a rollbar. And even then, some won't accept that. And even though it's archaic and slower, I really do enjoy the interaction of shifting, and all of our other cars are automatic, so it would be nice if my toy/fun/weekend car had that extra pedal.

So, I'm going to pass on this for now. I think the new plan is to wait another 2-3 years, and all of these cars that were dumped on the market for the launch will be coming off lease, and I can likely buy it for nearly half price. That will be a lot more affordable for the spare car.

Thanks everyone for the advice, comments and ideas.
the m850i has a roll bar in the convertible and our local track will accept it. it's an auto pop up roll bar, and it's acceptable to the SCCA, PCA, SVRA, and HSR.

They have all certified my STOCK 2019 m850i as fully acceptable, in stock conditions.

that said, during the Covid prices dropped a lot; and I'm sure they will drop more. waiting a couple years is a great idea.

Also, if you want a track car, go for the m8 or m8c. the m850i is a fun daily, but the m8s are more geared for tracks.
Appreciate 0