08-15-2022, 01:46 PM   #72
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Yeah everything here is bundled into packages now, it's to do with the WLTP economy testing guidelines as every configuration needs to be tested for accurate results, but equally an opportunity for BMW to make some margin! It's irritating, as all I'd want from that pack is Driving Asst Pro - again that can't be specified on its own (I digress!).
Now that blows even more as Driving Assistant Pro is incredibly useful on long highway drives and even stop/go traffic at times in the city. $1700 standalone option in the NA market and worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
I'm wondering - whether or not the B&W equipped cars can have the soundstage coded out (I'm assuming it's possible as it can be coded onto cars with HK). One of my annoyances with the B&W I found was no matter which setting you chose, there always seemed to be an artificiality to the sound - wonder if you could effectively switch it off by just coding out the B&W from the car. Its major advantage I found over the HK was the clarity at higher volumes, that's where the HK falls apart and starts to distort badly. If I end up keeping my car longer term I will definitely be upgrading it.
I wish there is a way to defeat the DSP for the B&W. My only complaint with it but have found through extensive testing "concert" is the best sound profile above 20% volume and "studio" below that (when the wife is in the car). I live on 40% plus and the clarity plus absolutely tight accurate bass is glorious.
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1278.50