06-21-2023, 05:15 PM   #7
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I feel pretty lucky at this point in my life to have had my surrounding family in good health. At some point though with my aging parents stuff is bound to pop up. Also, I have a crap aortic valve already showing signs of stenosis. At some point I will need a replacement valve.

I have a friend who has a 4 year old son. When her son was 2 years old he was diagnosed with a very rare and high-risk form of cancer. Long story short the kid went through about a year and a half of treatment and is now 100% cancer free and there is little to no risk of it coming back. But what is twisted is that my friend was working for Make a Wish Foundation for several years, and specifically supporting kids with childhood cancer leading up to her son getting sick. I'd like to think the world was preparing her for how to deal with her own kid getting cancer.
That's one thing I have to say would be hard to watch is your kid getting sick and possibly dying from some disease like cancer. Can't say how I'd handle that. Hope my kids and I never have to go through that. Especially, of course, my kids. I want to die before them; the way it's meant to be. As the saying goes, "no parent should have to watch their own child die."

Last edited by Esteban; 06-21-2023 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 4
Nachbar8024.00
3.0L8945.00
Llarry16489.00
JMcLellan2082.50