08-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #12
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8you View Post
We're planning on getting a Maybach soon & already have another Benz so I'm not sure if I'd want to get a 3rd one. I wanted to get the M8 comp as a stepping stone before I get into supercars. The dealer is offering us a 6% discount. Luckily I'm in a position where cost doesn't matter although I don't like throwing money away. How much more of a discount do dealers offer? I was also looking at the Audi R8, AM Vantage, Corvette C8 and a few others but I think the M8 comp meets my sweet spot for what I'd like right now. Was just worried about the comfortable-ness but you guys reassured it's a nice ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8you View Post
The M8 comp I'm looking at is a coupe. From what I read/saw online, the M8 is faster & launches better. If that's not actually the case, I don't mind as I still prefer the looks/presence of the M8
If the M8C your considering is a coupe then I'd say a 6% discount is too low based on the last few months of deals. The M8C GC is a rare bird so the discounts have been closer to the 6% mark. That said the reality that there are no orders for 2021 M8/M8Cs may definitely change the discounting aspects for the 2020s on the ground. In other words the supply quotient in the law of supply and demand just tilted 180 degrees. Only time will tell if the demand matches or lack of demand keeps the 13% or greater discounts in play.
Appreciate 1
i8you5.00