View Single Post
      03-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #21
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
BMW did themselves a great disservice to flood all dealers with 8 series/M8 models.

You don't create exclusivity that way. Mercedes/AMG has been successful limiting inventory (well, apart from the GT 4 door models and they are paying the price for it too). Discounts on AMG's are a small fraction of what you can get on one of these BMW's. Most buyers are happy if they can hit anywhere close to 10% discount on an AMG.

Many smaller BMW dealers simply don't have the clientele or the sales people to pitch cars in that price-segment. Now these are are boat anchors for them...

I have also stated that the car should be a bit more special for that price-point. At the same time I realized that I can't explain what that actually means.

The M8 happens to be a car that does look better in person than on pics. And the "more special" probably means "unlike any other BMW" to most. Something that's pretty unrealistic.

I for one am happy with car and will be happier once we get a few mods in to make it look just the way I like it

Last edited by Wolfman64; 03-27-2020 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00