03-19-2022, 10:22 AM   #20
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
CARS! I've made bad decisions. Done some impulse buying. Glad I'm old. Don't really care about cars now (that much). Just want something fun. Easy to drive. Paid for - most important. That there tells you I don't care about cars anymore. Will never let another car put me in debt. Without going into detail, I've let cars control part of my life. I'm free of that now. House paid for, cars, wife's and mine, paid for. All done with that.
While I'm not sure I would go as far as saying cars control my life, I have bought waaaaaay too many cars in my life. I use to be on like a 1-2 years max before I bought something "new". I've gotten better, but definitely not cured.

The only car I truly regret buying though was my e92 335i. It was my first BMW having owned mainly VWs before. First mistake, bought it new, I rarely buy new anymore, helps lessen the damage of my addiction. I was not a huge fan of those e92 interiors with the dual humps, but I convinced myself I would get use to it. I never did, I hated it till the day I got rid of it. Plus the thing was a total POS and probably spent more time at the dealer than in my garage.

Having bought it new I was way upside down on it. Luckily it ended up getting totaled and I got more from insurance than I would have ever gotten trading it in.

A more minor regret is my drone. Bought it before heading off for our RV adventures but ended up almost never using it. Found there are so many restrictions and it's actually super loud. Couldn't use it in any national parks and a lot of local parks also restricted the use. Add to that my fear of losing the damn thing and I ended up only flying it a handful of time.
Appreciate 0