01-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #156
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
I had an odd experience on a drive today in which the valves apparently did not open whatsoever in my Sport Individual setting (engine on Sport Plus). I actually had the B&W turned off as I was doing some testing for a different thread (the OP has an issue with low-level noise coming from the speakers) so the lack of burbles/gurgles was very apparent. It was like I had the car in Comfort mode. For a brief moment in time while I was doing my grocery shopping I thought that somehow the 07/2020.60 upgrade had a latent aspect on the exhaust. However, on the drive home I shifted to Sport Plus and drove the car hard which opened the valves. I then shifted back to my Sport Individual setting and the expected gurgles/burbles where back on demand (downshifts when letting off the gas, etc.). Also, as normal after parking in the garage I did a 4K RPM throttle which elicited cracks and pops.

This hopefully is a one time event but regardless it might also explain why post neutering everyone's mileage may vary. In other words if the exhaust valves do not open for whatever reason you might as well be in Comfort mode. Granted the early 2019 M850is burbled/gurgled even in Comfort mode but that never existed on my 2020 M850i whatsoever.
Yep, that sounds familiar since I coded the fake noises off.
Appreciate 0