View Single Post
      10-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #59
cricoid
Rep
Drives: '15 435i M-Sport

Looks pretty nice, but I bet it's not that great in person. I think you have to step way up in price these days to get into the really quality interiors.

I've driven just about everything, and I've only been truly impressed with interiors from Bentley, Ferrari, and Land Rover. My (now ex-) wife had a Range Rover with the upgraded leather interior and it was truly top notch. Still smelled and looked like luxury 5 years from new. In comparison, my '06 911 had interior plastics that flaked off like an old Corolla 3 years into ownership. The quality of the leather was also disappointing. With that being said, the 991 appears to be of much higher quality on the inside.

On the BMW side, my '07 Z4M Coupe had a couple of low-rent looking plastics inside but held up really well. The Imola Red seats seemed nicer than the black seats in my 911. I'm considering a 435i in the spring, but I haven't sat in one yet. I'm expecting "ok" but nothing overwhelming in the interior department. I think as long as I don't sit in a 650i Gran Coupe, that the 4 will be my next BMW
Appreciate 0