Thread: Tesla P100D
View Single Post
      08-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #93
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Some people just hate so much that there is an EV car on the market that has usable battery density and range. They swore and cussed up and down when manufacturers tried to come out with ~100 mile range EVs, saying that it would never work, but now that they are in the usable range where they'd suit the range needs of most people? These negative people are bitter and hateful. This is the future, or at least a big part of it that will be here from now on. Even Porsche and Mclaren know that for the maximum performance, you need an at least partly-electric vehicle, because nothing recaptures braking energy and allows you to slingshot out of a curve/deacceleration like electric generators and motors.

How many people drive 300 miles each way every day? Very very few, almost no one. With the range and ability of the modern Tesla, it's in the viable arena. I see them driving around here in winter, snow, ice and everything. I see them in the mountains down south. I see them in the cities. I see them pretty much everywhere. Why? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's because it works.

I know, this won't dispel the hate, the people that think what they've experienced is the best anything is ever going to be, but I'm glad they are making these inroads and taking hold. More efficient than an ICE and the beauty is they don't care what kind of fuel is used at the power station, natural gas, coal, hydroelectric, geothermal, wind, nuclear fusion, fission, etc...

Last edited by RM7; 08-28-2016 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0