Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hon2bmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
To get a GTI with ACC we're required to go for the Autobahn edition that stickers at almost 150% of my KIA build! $38k greatly exceeds my personal definition of a "beater" but I guess someone with a higher income could think differently I guess.

The other issue is hatchbacks like the GTI really have tiny "trunks" when the rear seats are up. That is why I never buy a hatch... Trunk space is way too important to me.
$40k for a non-R Golf? are they fucking kidding?
My friend was able to pick up a leftover 2019 GTI Autobahn Trim (DS6) for <$30k and got the 6/72 warranty. That's a better option if they have any 2019's left on the lot.
Trunk is way too small when the rear seats are up... at least for me.
What are you putting back there? Holds a weeks worth of luggage and pillows for three of us and a dog just fine. Volume is good, but length is of course the limit. If you're loading something long and wide, it will be too small. Worth noting that the load floor can be lowered about three inches from the standard setup too.
Luckily I found a couple of pictures showing very-typical scenarios for me.

First, you have to keep in mind that I'm in outside sales. This entails bringing product samples and/or marketing materials to my meetings. Further, I'm also usually traveling on the road a week at a time. I can usually keep my clothes to a large carry on, but you can see that doesn't leave a lot of room.

Also, I play golf weekly (in season of course). My push cart and shoes take a 1/4 of the trunk, and my bag another 1/2.

A hatchback would eliminate that entire part where I put my luggage or my golf clubs.
Attached Images