View Single Post
      09-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #10
tenblade2001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 White/Red 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I started about 4 weeks ago so I could get down on the weight and be able to still run. 200+ was just murdering my lower extremities, and I almost quit soccer (I still LOVE playing) because the Saturday morning plantar fasciitis was BRUTAL.

I lost 10 real quick, then have hit a plateau. Dinner is normally done by 6, 6:30 then I eat again at noon.

I'm insulin-dependent diabetic, so it was kinda scary for me to "skip" a meal, and I found that even with a fasting bs in a good range, I still need to take a small bolus around 8 if I wanted to maintain that respectable bs.

In the morning I have a cup of decaf with some creamer, and a yakult.

I was hungry the first couple days, but soon I adjusted and then was hangry for lunch. Had to concentrate on SLOWLY eating that first meal. Energy actually went up, I wasn't tired all the time at work.

This week, I regressed. I'm on my 3rd foofy caramel macciato this week, and actually had a breakfast sandwich with that on Monday. Oh, and I dozed off a few times that morning. . .
Hang in there, it gets a lot better. I've heard a couple studies actually show better bs control with IF.
https://diabetesstrong.com/intermitt...pe-1-diabetes/

Last edited by tenblade2001; 09-27-2019 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: added info
Appreciate 0