View Single Post
      11-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #20
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

It's interesting to read all of these replies, because what they tell me more than anything, is that everyone is an auto "enthusiast" in general, which is awesome, as we all share a similar passion, and not just BMW focused.

I didn't mean any hate by the Chevy comment, it's just I've found domestics to always lack in finite attention to detail. SS is a great car, but GMC, Lincoln, Buick, and Cadillac have this obsession with chroming wheels that makes me nauseous; it's like they're trying to appeal to 6 year olds.

SS is probably one of the best bang for your buck purchases out there, no doubt.

I'm obsessed with all Porsche's, but they just don't make sense at this point in my life (one car, kids, live in the snowbelt, etc.).

I also LOVE Mercedes, but they're front grilles have gotten ridiculous recently, and I'm a fairly reserved guy, so I don't like shouting, "hey, look at my 90 inch diameter benz logo!" No question that they make an amazing product.

Same thing with Audi...I have nothing but pure respect for them and their tech (and some of their monster RS cars), but every Audi I've ever driven has felt very "lifeless". Great car, just different from BMW's in some unexplainable way.

At the same time, I love hot VW's (R) and can't wait to test drive the Golf R....if they brought over that new Golf R wagon to the States, I'd buy one immediately.

I love quirky cars too, like Subarus, high performance wagons, and yes, even respect for modern full-size pickups, which are like driving a living room around town. I just have no need for a pickup.

To be honest, if I were single, I'd love the new M235i, xdrive.

Decisions, decisions...
Appreciate 0