01-01-2024, 08:52 AM   #88
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I'm simply using the same emoticons the OP used to describe Musk... as I have no idea what �� �� means. Please at least try to follow the conversation if you're going to get involved.

Second I don't give two shits about Musk. However it's telling that you assume I'm a "Muskrat" just because I don't agree with everything and anything negative that is said about the guy.

The guy is crazy, I'm sure a few hundred billion will do that to a lot of people. I feel fairly confident there's a lot of crazy billionaire CEOs out there. Unfortunately for Musk he has decided to be very public about his craziness. If Musk weren't so public and on everyone's radar only the 3 people who watch TV in their Tesla would have even noticed or cared about Disney+.

Yet crazy as he may be it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything anyone says about the guy... like he's going to brick all Teslas just because... which was the entire point I was addressing. I know, I know... we want everything to be black and white. Musk is either Jesus reborn and you're a "Muskrat" or he's the devil incarnate and must be burned at the stake by the anti Musk cult, unfortunately that's not how the world works. He's just a guy, sometimes he wrong about shit, sometimes he's right, sometimes he does crazy shit I don't like and sometimes he does crazy shit I like.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
I just watched most of Leno's video on the Cybertruck. It was even better than Cammisa's. Leno has the lead designer and the lead engineer who were responsible for developing the Cybertruck. The Leno video is even more enlightening on the technology in the Cybertruck. It has a water fording mode. The mode lifts the suspension to the max of 17 inches and pressurizes the HVB to keep water from entering the battery case. My takeaway from Leno's video is "how great it would be to be an engineer at a Musk company".

We can all say Musk is crazy or brash or whatever, but the man creates companies that launch its own near earth satellite internet constellation, which outperform the existing sat internet offerings, builds rocket sections that land for reuse, and a company that is the leader in EV engineering. He is genius at using human capital to its utmost capability. It's pretty damned impressive from a business perspective.

People thought Henry Ford was crazy too. Others wanted Ford to run for President.

I may come over to the dark side (but I will bring my Surefire P2X with me).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 01-01-2024 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 2