Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
It's doesn't start the warranty clock but marks the unit sold and goes into yearly sold numbers. The GM's I know used to do it late December so it looked like they made numbers. But again thought they got in trouble for it and stopped. Not that I care what they do either way was simply curious Bc they had been investigated for it

Porsche doesn't do it anymore and all the manufacturers I thought stopped Bc they artificially pump up sold units

Edit: https://markets.businessinsider.com/...028783941?op=1
Porsche dealers do it--- I know GM's personally. Its the business- anyone (not directed at you) who thinks punching is done is naive. BMW may count the sale but there is no RS on the deal which would start the clock. As an end user I dont care if they punched the car as long as the warranty has not started. AND, they still will allocate some, if not all, of the trunk money that was paid due to the early punch.

More than often when the factory to dealer money is sizeable, thats where you will see these tactics. Like I said I dont know what was recorded on the actual car but they cashed in the 10k but the car is still for sale with a full warranty. Porsche punches and the clock is on.
Agreed. And I reread my post by no means do I want to infer BMW does it

I knew they all did especially when they were getting competitive with most units sold for a year between BMW, Audi and MB...

I simply thought that practice was no longer in play. My best friend owns a BMW dealership and so I knew it used to happen but didn't know it still did

Of course you are correct to the end user makes zero difference