View Single Post
      12-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #253
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
It's doesn't start the warranty clock but marks the unit sold and goes into yearly sold numbers. The GM's I know used to do it late December so it looked like they made numbers. But again thought they got in trouble for it and stopped. Not that I care what they do either way was simply curious Bc they had been investigated for it

Porsche doesn't do it anymore and all the manufacturers I thought stopped Bc they artificially pump up sold units

Edit: https://markets.businessinsider.com/...028783941?op=1
Porsche dealers do it--- I know GM's personally. Its the business- anyone (not directed at you) who thinks punching is done is naive. BMW may count the sale but there is no RS on the deal which would start the clock. As an end user I dont care if they punched the car as long as the warranty has not started. AND, they still will allocate some, if not all, of the trunk money that was paid due to the early punch.

More than often when the factory to dealer money is sizeable, thats where you will see these tactics. Like I said I dont know what was recorded on the actual car but they cashed in the 10k but the car is still for sale with a full warranty. Porsche punches and the clock is on.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00