Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbmw75 View Post
Hey, so i have owned BMW for the past 15 years and have always bought from my local dealer and felt i was getting a good price....a buddy of mine recently used a broker (was his old CA but now started his own broker business) so i contacted him to he's offering me 12% off for an m850 GC for me and 10.4% off for my sons m340 but ive never used brokers so im a little iffy about it.
1. is it a good deal?
2. should i trust a broker?
Yes, those deals seem to be right in the range of what you should expect a "good" deal would be on those cars assuming they're in stock. If those are for ordered cars, I would lean towards a pretty damn good/great deal. Great/"unicorn" deals on an in stock car might be another percent or two. Also, if you're leasing, the brokers are probably making sure you're getting base MF as well, so factor that in.

You're basically paying for them to do the legwork and negotiations for you in advance. As far as trust is concerned, I suppose the worst case is that they tell you you could get a certain deal and when you get in touch with the dealer, you find it to be different. Brokers make their business on word of mouth, so I wouldn't expect this to happen. If a deal falls through, it's likely on the customer's end. To get a similar deal on your own, you'd likely be trying to find a similar car to what you want within a couple hundred mile radius that has been sitting around, then go back and forth with the CA a couple of times. I don't mind doing all that on my own, but it does consume quite a few hours of my time. I value my time much higher than what any of the brokers charge, so I'd say it's worth it. Personally, I view the hunt for the deal as part of my decision process, and I often look for in stock cars to get the best deal, so it helps limit my decisions at the end.

FWIW, every time I get a car, I end up going to the last CA I dealt with to try to give them a chance work for me again. 5 cars from 5 different dealerships in 2 different states and I am likely finally going back to a previous dealer. Each time, I try to at least tell the previous CA about the deal I'm about to make, and they tell me how they wouldn't turn it away either. I would like to maintain loyalty, but they get it.

Good luck.