03-01-2021, 08:41 AM   #8197
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Do you guys go off on a girl if she cancels the first date? I canceled with 7 hours advance notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Initially I had texted at noon that I was exhausted and too much going on to make it for the 7pm reservations. At 5:30 he replies back with "NOO! Just now seeing this!" and then immediately proceeds to call my cell. I didn't have my phone in front of me and did not answer the call. He then calls twice more and left a voicemail instructing me to call him back. As I was listening to the voicemail, another text from him comes through asking me to reconsider and "is there someone else you're meeting instead of me?" which kind of ticked me off to be honest, so I replied with "No, I'm just tired" and then a back and forth from him saying HE MADE A RESERVATION! Mind you, it's not like this restaurant has a no show fee, or puts a hold on his card to make the reservation. So I said that I was tired and didn't want to be harassed about it. He apologized and that was it. Until I get the texts that I'm rude for not rescheduling.

That's just too much drama for me when I haven't even met the guy. He already seems too controlling.
Dude's weird AF and I don't know the initial cancel text... but if I get canceled on with this very basic & ubiquitous excuse AND you do not offer to make alternate plans for another day, it is a very clear signal to me that you're simply not interested in me enough. Asking them again when they would able to go out feels dumb. So I let the person go by saying, "aight, lemme know when you're free" and 99% of time I obviously never hear from them again.

The, "but I am free on (insert day) instead so would you like to do (insert activity)?" goes a looong way on OLD apps.

Think I can speak for other men that just showing interest or at least opening the door slightly for us to be able to easily make plans with y'all takes a lot of the weight off our shoulders.