Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKW View Post
Matte Pine Green Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven3 View Post
Bloozeman, are you ordering a 2020 M850i coupe? I was told by a local So Cal. dealer that no allocations were available for the coupe, and that all the 2020 models built-to-date are M8's, 840's, and M850i GCs. Unfortunately, a 2019 coupe with almost the exact spec I wanted was sold last weekend the same day I noticed the dealer posting. I was ready to negotiate a deal the next day. Thus, I will likely need to order a 2020. Thanks.
Yes, my 2nd order of a 2020 M850i lands early next month (should have arrived at the port in Long Beach CA yesterday). It's been a long and winding road to get it as I've posted in the forums my 1st order landed at my dealer earlier this month but it is missing the ZDA package vs ZDX due to the bmwusa.com website's "Build Your Own" configurator only supporting ZDX.

Your dealer is spot on as the majority of 2020s are M8's, 840's and GCs. When I was ready to place my order in July the 2019 production had ended so my dealer said we would need to wait for an August allocation for 2020s. The August allocation for 2020 M850i coupes in the US was a whopping total of 5. My dealer didn't get one but since they are part of the Penske Automotive Group they were able to horse trade with another that did.

That allocation turned out to be useless given the ZDX debacle as by the time it was figured out the Individual lock on the build had past. My dealer helped escalate to BMW NA their issue (which still has not been fixed) and ultimately I was given a new expedited allocation that will be my best Christmas present to myself ever! I plan on keeping it for the long haul so it is configured to my desires: Individual Tanzanite II exterior, Individual Fiona/Black full leather, the full boat of Drivers Assistant packages (requires ZDA), carbon fiber roof, B&W audio, glass controls, carbon fiber trim (new for 2020 thanks to the M8 and nicer than the standard Stainless Steel or wood options) and Anthracite Alcantara headliner.

If you want to build a 2020 M850i coupe to your specs you will need to wait for an allocation. I just checked what is available in the U.S. and there are 6 (including my first build that is now at BMW North Scottsdale here in AZ). Hope you get an allocation soon!

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 11-29-2019 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0