View Single Post
      04-16-2020, 11:03 PM   #6
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Ozzie8 great post and very informative for everyone attempting to get Drive Recorder installed.

Resjudicata definitely not a Geo thing from a legal perspective as the 2020 US models all have it built-in. Perhaps another sly angle from BMW to force an "upgrade" for US 2019 8-series owners. Likely though just another ConnectedDrive idiosyncrasy that may take time for them to sort out before it shows up for 2019 M850i owners (back to my soap box on how BMW can't fight their way out of a bag in the terms of software proficiency).

One thing Ozzie8 did not mention at least from my experience when I did my first "on demand" recording via holding the camera button down it required me to click through a legalease statement on not violating local laws. Also, under the app settings in my 2020 it allows me to select the cameras I want functioning in the recording. Normally I leave that at all 4 for the automatic setting but prior to an "on demand" recording I set that to the front/back or front only and of course revert to all 4 afterward.
Appreciate 1