01-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #18
Chai Five
United_States
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
My questions/reactions:

1. I'm confused about the tax issue. Since sales tax goes to the taxing entity, why does a dealer care if you have to pay tax or not?

Because the State of AZ audits their dealers for appropriate taxation because they are so close to California. Lots of scammers try and avoid AZ sales and registration taxes in that state.... allegedly

2. Being a person who likes to buy very low-mileage used cars after owner one eats the steepest depreciation, I am not that familiar with what you sign to special order a car after paying a $5k deposit, but why are they not obligated to sell it to you at that point?

Nothing special. Just a build sheet order form that recognizes what options you chose etc.

3. Why would you even want to spend any more time with this dealer or give them any money? Life is too short.

Agreed. car is gone. They are assholes, I moved on. Other family members will be roasting them on social media.

4. Your story, while frustrating to you, is not all that compelling as a social media story/review to any potential purchasers - especially as a story about a car dealership. It's kind of convoluted and won't move anybody, especially if it's true that what they did was within their rights. I wouldn't waste any more of your life typing it up.
agreed. but I disagree that people wont be interested or enjoy reading the saga at the appropriate review/ratings website.

thanks for your concern and questions
Appreciate 0