Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Honestly unless you are in the market and have driven it you would not understand. Shmee gets it given its abilities and what the competition offers. It is a fantastic car, highly capable and easy to drive daily. Not true of a 911 GT3 which is a great track car and horrible daily driver. And yes I have driven them all including the new M8 and for me it's a perfect daily driver for a 100 mile round trip commute. Safe and fast and very capable. Very reliable with typical BMW service. Yes a M5 comp can do more for less but that is not the point. I have a large family car and most of the time I am the only one in it. Porsche makes great sports cars and decent SUVs but I love the BMW service and reliability. The M8 should cost less, probably $20k less but understand this is a low volume car with a lot of expensive technology. The carbon core chassis for example.

Noushy
Depending on who you are, your specific needs, and where you live, a GT3 may not be a horrible daily driver. Blanket statements are absent nuance.
In Michigan with bad roads as most of the northern states it is awful. Granted in Florida or Cali with smooth roads different. But no arguing the M8 is a better daily driver. The GT3 will jar your fillings loose.

Noushy
The two elders that live in my city in SoCal daily drive their GT3's and so does the little Asian lady with the green GT3 that lives in the Estates. Their fillings seem fine, as do their vertebrae.
Again Cali vs Michigan. I have driven them both no argument the BMW is more comfortable better daily driver. If you were saying a Regular 911 maybe more so but the GT3 as all Porsche GT cars is engineered for the track. Terrible daily driver in Michigan. Enough said.
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 2