10-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #65
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
I am not sure it does make sense. Who wants the "almost" car?
I would, depending on which M vehicle is in question. I'm not in the market for an M8 at all but I'm considering an X3 M and I would 100% go for the non-competition version especially because I prefer the base X3 M wheels styling a LOT, love the fact that they're an inch smaller diameter, and I can live without the last bit of handling sharpness and the other upgrades in an SUV that already handles like M SUVs do. I always do a tune and exhaust upgrade so no sense paying extra to have those mildly upgraded and then thrown away.

The fact that BMW allows you to option the upgraded seats into the non-competition model is perfect for me.

I don't care if it's an "almost" model, I'm not spending this much of my paycheck to drive an M car for anybody else, I get the variant that suits my needs the best at the time and right now it seems like in some cases the non-Competition model suits me better. If I was looking at an M5, the M5 Competition is 100% for me, wheels are amazing, the ride is extremely comfortable (compared to my F80 M3 ZCP, anyways), and I appreciate the subtle handling upgrades in that model.
Appreciate 0