10-10-2019, 03:36 AM   #51
pyrat15
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupé

Diluting the ///M brand

Well, for me, the optic is stunning. What I am not a fan of:

by constantly pushing the M Performance Models and putting the M badge in the model name of those cars (i.e. M240i, M850i etc.), they are totally diluting the M letter. To take the 8 series as an example, by putting a carbon roof on the M850i and give the car a lot of power, I understand that many people would choose the M850i as the price gap is huge. I think things would be different (beside the price tag) if the M850i would just be a 850i without carbon roof and hundreds of M badges (same goes for other series). If you take the last 6 series, there was a 650i top model and then came the M6.

Furthermore, why is BMW bringing the Competition Model at the same time and advertising only the comp model? I never saw a picture of the regular M8. I would first bring the M8 and a certain time later the Competition model, as they did in the past an which makes sense. Or just go for one model. In the earlier days, getting an M meant getting the best of the brand. Now theres the base model, competition package, CS (and GTS/CSL). Then there are the M Performance parts (i.e. brakes, dampers etc.) Why? I thought getting an M is getting a Motorsport car. Currently I get the feeling that you are getting a lumpy car and only by adding packages and PParts you have the car it should be.

Sad that BMW is going that way, as I am a huge fan as most of you are as well. Anybody who shares my thoughts?

I not not know... I think BMW stands in the way of themselves.

Last edited by pyrat15; 10-10-2019 at 07:06 AM..
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25051.00
jjasonSU194.00