10-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #42
PABrian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
I am pretty sure I saw M8 convertible (non comp) tagged 169K in Manhattan. Comp pack itself adds about 12-20K depending on optioning CCBs which immediately bumps up to 189K without individual options.

Maybe the price you are referring to is before tax?
The numbers I got are all MSRP from BMWUSA's BYO page. It doesn't make sense to factor tax into any of these numbers as tax will be different for every state.

Competition isn't a package you add on to the car, it's a trim, and it adds exactly $13k to the cost of any non-Comp M8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Yes! And therein lies (pun intended) the issue. The most maxed out M to date can also be maxed out with options flirting with a $200k price tag. You’d think it would be packaged better for the initial price shock. The operative word, “from”
Is a another way of saying...good luck finding one on a dealers lot anywhere close to the advertised “from” price. Now, add M tax, dealer hustle taxes, perceived scarcity and other up sells such as paint protection, wheel/tire protection programs, and what most owners will do....springs, tint, ECU twerks, and full body wraps.
Wow, if you're seeing M tax and dealer hustle taxes, you should find a different dealer. Other up-sells are only cost-adders if you agree to them, so you can't use that to inflate the cost of a car.
Appreciate 0