01-22-2021, 09:09 PM   #19
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vTuga View Post
The box comes stock in map 5. They advise map 5 for Ron 95 fuel (91 octane in US), and map 6 for Ron 98 (93 octane in US). They don't reveal boost numbers, but from other sources online I think map 6 is +5 psi.

I talked with them and they said the transmission needs some time to adjust, so I'll try again in the next few days. Also, the road conditions were not completely the same, so that can have some impact also (today the road was not completely dry like it was when I measured stock times).

As to trap speeds in 1/4 mile, in stock it was 101.92 mph vs tuned 103.65 mph. So a 1.73 mph increase. According to that rule of thumb it would be equivalent to 17.3 whp gain.

Lets see if it improves giving it time, and adjusting it to map 6.
Yes. Definitely give it some time. Even my car takes like a day or two (with my limited driving) to adjust to changes I make (whether it is changes on map 6 or whether I switch to another map). Usually the changes are subtle and happens over a few miles. So you might not notice it. But I believe those changes definitely do happen.

And also. Wait for the conditions to become similar to the day you did the stock run. Wet roads/cold tyres/temperature plays a big part. Also the level of fuel and stuff in the trunk of your car. Best would be to do a map 5 dragy run after a few days. And then immediately go to stock and do another run then.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0