View Single Post
      11-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #197
VYKL
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
So how did the negotiation go with this. I see all of the cars on there listed around the $150-160k range. Did they just automatically come down a bunch.

Also, was the dealer near you or is it being shipped to you or are you going to get it and drive it home?
Out-of-state dealer, and my car is being transported here.

This specific vehicle was listed at an already low price, so the conversation was easier. I found it on cars.com, and navigating to the dealer site, I didn’t see the same price listed, so I thought it might have been click-bait. I inquired through cars.com, and it was real, so we agreed on a deal and signed the buyer’s order the same day.

Negotiation experience in case it might help:
  • I shared my ideal structure ($12xx/month, DAS: first month + fees)
  • Dealer said that it would be closer to $15xx/month
  • I asked if dealer could offer buy-rate for money factor (.00082) and they said they couldn’t do it
  • I inquired about corporate sales program and was told they weren’t aware of it
  • I searched online and was able to generate a certificate which I shared with dealer
  • Dealer called and said they can honor it ($3000 rebate) and we were now at low $14xx
  • I couldn’t move forward with the above, so after giving it some thought and running numbers through leasehackr calculator, I emailed them and said I would pay for car shipper if they can meet me in the “middle”: $1314/month
  • Dealer called back and said $1372/month, and I said I couldn’t move forward with that
  • We agreed to $1324/month and moved forward with paperwork

I contacted almost 10 dealerships, local and out-of-state, and the second lowest monthly I was able to get for 36/7.5k:
MSRP: $155k
Monthly: $1490
DAS: first month + fees

Most, if not all, vehicle prices that were shared with me even before negotiation were lower than MSRP.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by VYKL; 11-03-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 2
snareman9051.50