05-06-2018, 01:26 PM   #23
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post
I know the S Class Coupé isn't a direct competitor, as it's larger and more luxury than sport oriented while the 8 Series willingly assumes a more sporty, sober and minimalist interior, but still, which one looks cheaper?...
Mercedes looks cheaper!
Plain dash board and a straight wood board with round holes doesn't scream design or style nor imagination to me. Actually, in my opinion is really ugly and will never buy such horrific interior. Mercedes interior look exactly like the 50's cars where the dash board was a straight panel and anytime you want to install something on it, you drill a new hole and have it done. Can't believe that the middle section doesn't flow with the dashboard. Also the door armrest that just goes simple without anything happening in there looks exactly like a cheap shitty car door panel. And that "wall" lcd is a vomit!
Ewww!

BMW interior still looks like a cockpit, it flows from top to the armrest, is ergonomic and you can tell that there is a loot of work in it. It is refreshing to see that in this case they decided to flow the whole cockpit and not make it from two different parts like some new models. Bottom line, BMW approach is on the sporty side and that's how it should be. BMW is an athlete not a model, that's the difference between the two.
Appreciate 7
AlterZgo1537.50
emulajavi421.50
mcman19.00
DeeKay553.00
TeamErc46.00