01-11-2021, 03:37 PM   #14
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerha View Post
RJC-1 I had the alignment on my car checked with a full laser alignment and it was perfectly aligned. There isn't much enthusiastic driving in the car either, so it is my view there is something odd with the Bridgestone tyres.

PHICKOX So..... I have a case open with the DVSA who are investigating BMW UK. They dismissed the initial response from BMW and asked them to investigate further. BMW will no longer deal with me now that the DVSA are involved. However they provided the results of the investigation to the DVSA and once again, they are not happy with the response and told BMW to investigate even further. Given that they haven't asked to see the car, I can only assume BMW know they have some sort of issue but the excuses aren't washing with the DVSA.

My plan would be to hand the car back to the finance company as not fit for purpose unless BMW decide to offer me an alternative resolution. However, they won't accept the fact it isn't fit for purpose until the DVSA investigation is concluded.

I have since switched all 4 tyres to Michelin, but sadly I have worked out that the car has cost me more in tyres than fuel in the 13,000 miles I have owned it !!
Defective tires being the culprit for this specific condition are definitely possible, but just not probable. Did you have any vibration issue with the previous tires when at speed?

If the alignment machines were not properly calibrated the alignment won't be accurate...did they say they were recently calibrated? As I also mentioned, suspension or f/e components are more likely possibilities.

I appreciate the frustration but lots of luck when attempting to hand a vehicle back to the finance company, highly unlikely that will work out.

If this turns out to be a systemic problem with all 8 series vehicles (jury is still out on that) it will most likely be due to an error in alignment specs by BMW, but with so few reporting this issue it's most likely not the issue.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible

Last edited by RJC-1; 01-11-2021 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0