04-01-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmboss View Post
Hi guys, im new to the forum and from the UK. I am interested in getting rid of my soulless 6 month old Audi S3 for an ultimate driving machine!. I'm currently paying £400 per month on my Audi and set a budget of around £600 per month for a BMW that i will be using mostly to commute to work. I want a fast comfortable AWD DD that can be fun when i want it to be - the ultimate all rounder!. I have driven an 840D which i found extremely luxurious and exactly what i was looking for however i have come across the M340i which might tick all my boxes too.

With the current pandemic i'm choosing to hold off for now to get the best deal and test drive an M340i but if anyone with experience driving both cars could shed any light on this unusual comparison of cars i would be extremely grateful! This might help guide my search!

Thanks in advance
I struggle to even compare them. I've had an M340i as a loaner and it was nice and quite quick. In terms of interior tech, it's inferior to the 8-series. In terms of how it makes you feel driving it, there's no comparison--if pricing isn't the differentiating factor, then the 8 is in a different league.
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00