Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Standing ovation with raucous applause for these posts and trip report! Photos are outstanding as well.
Thank you, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
I think you are a lot like me - whenever we take the M850 Convertible on a road trip, I am outraged that Mother Nature would have the audacity to rain on me. So I am not sure if you have thought of this, but I pack a bag with some essentials:

1. Lint free disposable towels (a lot)
2. Bottle of spray on waterless wash (I use one from Adam's and this is seriously a miracle product)
3. Bottle of windshield cleaner (I actually use the ridiculously overpriced one from BMW - it works better than any generic cleaner and smells like ginger)
4. Roll of paper towels
5. Bottle of bug/tar remover
6. Bug/tar removal sponge
7. Bottle of leather/interior cleaner in case of spills (never had to use, fortunately)

So while my wife takes a shower in the morning, I am outside sprucing up the car. It's bright and clean each day. Your car looks clean in most of the pictures so perhaps you do this as well.

*On our last trip, I spent 4 days ahead of time detailing the car, inside and out. Double waxed, toothbrush to clean the rims, the whole nine yards and then some. Car looked better than new...one hour into day 1 of the trip heading up I70 we encountered a rain storm that was not forecasted. It was actually putting me in a bad mood, so yes - I have a problem!
I hear ya. Gotta start out with a detailed car. I would usually wash it at least every other day - sometimes daily on the Utah trips because of all the bugs.

I carry most of your list with me. A Meguiar's Detailer instead of the waterless wash. No toothbrush, tho

On this trip I washed it 3 times in the first 1,000 miles. None over the last 1,500. That was really grinding on me, but I got through it.

I posted the full picture of this last year. Then realized how hideous the B pillar looked with all those fingerprints. Keeping the detailer handy now.
Name:  20220624_141712 - Copy.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  260.9 KB

Yes, like you, I have a problem
Appreciate 3
BMWGUYinCO4125.00
Accentu8705.00
Tom C44.50