08-15-2014, 10:32 PM   #122
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy View Post
He wasn't anything like "riding near the cushion". The difficulty with this argument is that at 40 MPH under the yellow, you don't gas the car to turn it left. That move is reserved for racing speeds. At 40 MPH under the yellow it's much harder to turn the car precisely if you gas it and spin the rear wheels, rather than just turn the wheel. Once again, consider the pro racers who have spun out, or whacked another car "cleaning the tires" on the pace lap. Even on pavement.

Under the yellow, at 40 MPH, you turn the wheel. Gassing the car to turn it, in that circumstance, would be ridiculous even for a rookie, much less Stewart. It's the very definition of "negligence".

For those who say people have no idea because they haven't driven a sprint car, here's what a sprint car racer said.

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."
This is a great post. At 40mph you simply turn the wheel and you change the direction of the car. Including sprint car. The only question is, did Stewart see Ward or not?
My guess is he did. He most likely hit the trottle to scare him, but his car drifted toward Ward catching him with the right rear tire. If they prove that Tony hit the trottle, he is going to be in big trouble.
Appreciate 0