View Single Post
      07-06-2021, 10:03 PM   #12
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Kidney View Post
Got a call today saying that BMW NA wants to send an engineer to look at my top. Hoping this will turn out well for me but I can't help being skeptical.
High pressure car wash hoses can definitely mess up the cloth on a top. It can abrade the cloth in seconds. I always hold them more than a foot away. Those are not creases, even if your top had been down. Folding creases are in the last section above the rear window, and run across the width of the car. If somebody says they are creases, ask them about that small U-shaped one that is dead center right above your windshield header (above your inside rear view mirror). I'd like to see a top fold there.

Moonlight cloth is odd because it is like black cloth interspersed with silver threads. But when it develops creases, the silver sort of disappears so the fold lines look darker. Anyway, those are for sure not creases, and assuming they are not stains (which they almost certainly are not), that top was delivered damaged and should be replaced. My 2015 moonlight top that has spent a good deal of its life outside has no marks like that. Just the permanent fold marks at the back from being put down.

EDIT: Looking again, that U-shaped mark may be at the rear. Either way, a top does not crease there.
Appreciate 2